Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MODERN-TIME SNACK I'VE JUST EATEN (and get addicted lately!)

Hello! It's been 3 days after my last post about OLD-TIME SNACKS which are easily found near my house and maybe could be found in every traditional market. But today, after throwing back some memories while opening my phone's gallery, I found some snacks which are captured during my lunch break or after-school hour. You may already know the snacks or even ever tasted it before. 
BLACK PEPPER LARGE CHICKEN FILLET 
by HOTSTAR


There are a lot of Taiwanese fried chicken fillet in every mall nowadays, start from the one who cut the fillet (the very rude one x_x) after frying it in an open kitchen, so we could see the process till the one who get the fillet grilled before serving, and without cutting.
HOTSTAR itself has been known as their "we do not provide cutting" fried chicken fillet, originated from Taiwan and offering 'the similar' price (even some of the food are cheaper here). Actually, I want to write about the Black Pepper Large Chicken Fillet here. After some moment, I decided to have the Black Pepper one instead of the Original or the BBQ. 
I personally did not put attention about the making process of this chicken fillet, since the kitchen is not easily seen from outside. I was waiting while sitting on the bench, oh I almost forgot, I visited this HOTSTAR which located in The Breeze BSD City. So, in front of the HOTSTAR stall there are a lot of bench for us to dine in or waiting for the food. 
Finally, the fried chicken fillet being served. I think the paper a little bit too thin, so I cannot resist the heat, it's very hot!, but because I cannot stand the delicious smell of black pepper sauce which covering all over the top of the fillet, I tried to bite a little. At first, I had prepared my self if the meat was super hot and might burn my tongue, but...fate said different things, the meat wasn't hot at all, it's warm, juicy, but not fatty. The fillet seems very fresh and the seasonings has been absorb perfectly to the entire fillet. As you can see in the picture, there are some dried chili powder, yes, you can request to have the spicy one or just go with the sauce without any addition of flavor. I ask for a little chili powder and it goes perfectly with black pepper sauce. The black pepper sauce has a strong flavor which could be defined from the smell, but the black pepper still in a level of tolerance, so you will not ended up with sweat. I personally, do not really like black pepper, but I don't know why, maybe because of the freshness of the fillet or the crispiness of the whole fillet, I think the black pepper has turn into a perfect seasonings for this fried fillet. And overall, I think this Black Pepper Large Chicken Fillet has ruined my list, I'll put this on my favorite afternoon snack. 



SOUR PLUM SWEET POTATO FRIES
by HOTSTAR

The second one still come from HOTSTAR, it's Sour Plum Sweet Potato Fries! I have been choosing this snack for almost every visit to HOTSTAR. Two HOTSTAR stall I have visited were the one in Lippo Karawaci - Makan Sutra and in The Breeze. No matter which stall I visited, I always order for this sweet frying food. At first, I have no idea how the taste would be, but now I ended up loving and craving this so many times. The slices are quite big and long, the outer is crispy and has a light layer of flour, sprinkled with kind of purple things, yes, it's the sour plum powder!. The inside is very soft and the texture is very similar with perfectly boiled sweet potato, so how can I resist this perfect combination. But be careful, it comes with a very hot temperature, the first bite might burn your tongue. The sweet potato itself is very sweet and soft, while the sour plum powder are not dominating but rather giving a touch of freshness. The sweetness and the sourness are blending together create a memorable taste in your mouth and delivered to your brain to be craved on the next day.   

After having some salty, sour, and savory snack, maybe it's time to looking for something sweet and cold. Here are two desserts I've just picked, the one is my favorite, but the other is my latest and first trial. 



BLACK SESAME ICE CREAM by SUSHI TEI


Last long weekend, I was spending my time with my family in SUSHI TEI, we actually didn't plan to have dinner here, but since there was nothing to watch in the cinema, we finally ended up having our dinner rather than going home early. 

Here, I would't write about the sushi since most of us have tasted it and there was no new menus (but, new price -_-) to be tried. 
I rarely order a dessert after having my main course since I get full very fast, but on that day I was not eat that much, I was still craving for something sweet, so I asked the waitress for the desserts books. 

At first, I thought I would ordered the green tea ice cream since I have ever tasted it before and I guaranteed myself that I would like it, but after looking at the whole book, I decided to try their BLACK SESAME ICE CREAM. It comes with one scoop in a small bowl, there's no difference in terms of size compared to other ice cream from those famous ice cream stall. However, since it was my first time to try, I was worried that I would not like this ice cream and may offer it to my mom who likes everything. But then, surprisingly the first spoon was giving a fascinating impression to me. It's not too sweet, not milky, and when it melts to your mouth, you could smell the black sesame aroma as well as bite a little bit of black sesame seed. As you could see in the picture, the texture might not smooth and heavy as an ice cream but it rather icy with some black sesame powder all over of it. It doesn't melt easily, so you could take your time to enjoy this superb ice cream. What I really like from this ice cream is that 'not milky' feeling, I hate too milky ice cream, and seems like this ice cream have a nice proportion of sugar-water-milk, the sweetness didn't make me to crave for something salty afterwards. 

Then, the last one is my latest trial of dessert which has been talked by social media for it's unique concept of consuming milk and the cute packaging. 


MILKY WAY'S GREEN TEA MILK PUDDING


I am a fan of green tea, when it comes to a difficult time to make up my mind in case of choosing a flavor for beverages or desserts, my 'safety' choice will always be a matcha or green tea. 

This happened many times, including when I was at Pop Up Market "SHIBUYA" where MILKY WAY opened their booth. It was the last day of Pop Up Market 2014 then around 21.30 PM (late night dessert..) I bought this Green Tea Milk Pudding, even though I forgot the price, but it's very worth to buy, since it's packaged with a glass bottle and being chilled so the quality will always be guaranteed. 

As you could see above, I took the picture when I haven't done anything to the milk pudding, so there's originally has three layers. The upper layer is the green tea, the middle layer is the milk, and the last brownie layer is the caramel. The sweetness of this soft milk pudding is came from the caramel. 
So, before consuming this, you have to shake or stir the mixture till mixed together. You could shake by holding tight the bottle from the top (especially the bottle caps, because it's made from rubber) and shake till the three layers mixed and the color will mixed as well. So does when you prefer to stir, the seller provide a straw which at the tip of the straw they cut it so it will looks like a small spoon. Stir well with that small spoon. 

After everything mixed well, then put your straw to the milk pudding and start enjoy it!. I'm not a fan of milk, but thank to the caramel and green tea mixture that make me didn't realize the milk flavor (even though I still could smell the milky aroma). It's very milky, maybe those who loves milk damn much will love this. I personally said this delicious because of the green tea and the caramel, the caramel giving the sweetness to all over the milk pudding and the green tea balancing the sweetness with a slightly bitter of tea, the milk is giving the soft texture and mixing the green tea with caramel. Overall, I like this milk pudding, this is very suitable when you are looking for a dessert but getting bored with ice cream or usual pudding. It's still milky and cold like ice cream but it's softer than those common pudding. 

That's all! thank you for reading :* 



tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia felicia tiffany tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment