Wednesday, April 16, 2014

GETTING CAGED AT THE HUMMINGBIRD


Last Saturday during Pop Up Market 2014 "SHIBUYA" (coming soon on this blog). I was working on my school task at the venue but it just took about 30 minutes to be done -___- then after, I decided to have a late lunch. 


It was at Kuningan City, where I found this eye catching place with some artificial trees decorating the restaurant, the trees was giving a homey and cozy feeling, with the wooden seat and some giant bird cages were set to make us feel like being a bird inside a cage. 

This is a nice place to go to meet up with friends, doing a homework, or even just having a real lunch to make a happy tummy. Beside the nice ambicence, Hummingbird has an affordable prices and varies on menus, start from a starter plate till a big set menus. 

After scanning the menus book, I actually didn't found anything interest me at that time, but what on my mind was having a food made by fish fillet. There are menus like Fish 'n Chips and pasta which has fish fillet on it, but it didn't interest me enough. After some moments of confusion, I asked the waitress whether there are some food made by fish fillet, surprisingly he introduced me to a Pan Fried Dory. 



That's how it looks! The potato was too much for me actually, I just ate one-half of them, the potato taste good seems like it's fried but using a very light oil so it's not oily and very soft, the problem just the quantity. Why must be served that much? but the fish fillet is rather small. 

The Dory was good, it's not oily, juicy, and rich of seasonings. Salty, a little bit spicy from pepper, sour from the lemon (yes, I squeezed it to the whole things). 

The yellow sauce, I don't know the name (sorry..) It tastes good and sour, a bit salty, seems like it has some diced pickles on it, then the Arugula served with a vinegar giving a freshness during those savory of Dory. 

The overall food was nice, but things that a little bit concerning me was the explanation of the waitress, he said the Dory comes with 3 slices of fillet but...you could see above, the fillet was only one but the 3 things were the potatoes...

Kinda disappointing but forgetting about the portion, the food was nice and delicious, I will come back to try other food. 

tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia felicia tiffany tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment