Wednesday, April 9, 2014

LITTLE SPARE TIME at UNION & Island Creamery


LAST SATURDAY after having such a stressful Indonesian Global Ambassador selection for AIESEC, my friend contacted me to join their hedonism in PIM. But unfortunately, she was contacting me when she already at the shuttle station (WTF!), then after drove like a stunt of Fast 6, I arrived at the shuttle station perfectly on time! After spending about 45 minutes on the highway, I finally arrived at PIM.

Our first destination was UNION, since we haven't had a lunch yet and we were made a plan already the day before actually.
We walked into the restaurant, it's kinda dark and giving a touch of luxury in every pieces of the decorations. The receptionist asked whether we would like to have an indoor or outdoor seat, we chose indoor since the weather was quite hot. The indoor seat we had was a little bit annoying, beside a wall and narrow. But it doesn't really matter, since the ambiance gave a comfort and feel of having lunch in Italy :p

Then, the waitress came, gave each of us the menus book as well as preparing the table for the spoon fork, delivering the compliment consists of 4 Italian bread (I don't have any idea about the names). By the way, the service was fascinating, they care about our belongings by gave us a basket to put our bags.  

After looking for all pages and searching for something quite heavy for a lunch, I finally end up with kind of pasta. I ordered Salmon Wonton Ravioli and a Lime Juice for drink. 

The Lime Juice was come first. 



It's a very very souurrrrrrr, for God sake, it's damn sour! But they gave us the liquid sugar by the way. I poured the sugar just a little of it, since I didn't want to lose the freshness of the sour lime at the time. 

Then, the Salmon Wonton Ravioli came up with a very light size. 



With tomato puree all over the ravioli, a pairs of olives, and leaves (what kind of leaves? I don't even know hehe..) The white one is parmesan cheese. 



That's the ravioli, the salmon wonton is inside the ravioli, so you have to bite it to taste the salmon. The salmon was boiled and the taste of the salmon meat doesn't dominated by any spices. Only the sweet-sour tomato puree dominating the whole food. 

The ravioli itself was very nice, giving such a perfect texture called aldente. I forgot how many ravioli were on the plate but it's satisfied enough for a light lunch. It's very delicious and authentically bring the taste of Italian food, and surely I will come back for this one.

Then, I craved for a desert......



Island Creamery was the culprit for this sweet crime called Old-time Apple Pie with Cookies & Cream. The ice cream was my preference, because the original chocolate one was sold out :"( 
I like the Apple Pie, it's served before getting warmed and served side by side by the ice cream. Actually, I don't really like the ice cream, too sweet for me. But the Apple Pie would be my forever companion in terms of after-meal dessert. It has a bunch of sliced steamed apples inside, sweet and warm, a little cookie dough, raisins, and creamy apricot jam also giving a perfection to the whole slice of pie. 




The nicest part was when I finally ate up the chewy part of the pie, then the pie crust was the only one remains. The pie crust was incredible, I even want to pay for this one only, since it has a very balance flavor between the salty and sweet dough and the texture was like a cookies. 

Maybe some of you would ask about the melted chocolate all over the pie, I don't even know it exist on the plate, since the pie was very dominating by its heavenly sweetness. I'll put this on the list! 

Thanks for reading :* 

tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia felicia tiffany tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia

1 comment: