Wednesday, May 21, 2014

FRESHNESS FROM THE SEA at AROMA SOP SEAFOOD


Last week during my exam week, I had a little getaway to Muara Karang with my friends. It's just about 15 minutes to reach this Aroma Sop Seafood restaurant from Pantai Indah Kapuk. This place recommended by my friend who like to visit this many times.

Aroma Sop Seafood located in Pasar Muara Karang. You could see several aquarium rack and some basket full of shell, shrimp, and squid at the entrance. 

The best seller of this restaurant is Jenaah Cabe Hijau, this is a grilled one but before, they steamed it first, so it will created a juicy fish meat and broth coming out as you pick the meat. 

The fish layered with a green sauce, that's the Sambal Cabe Hijau that perfected all over the fish. It's not that spicy as its looks like. The spiciness is medium and the Sambal is not oily like the one made in Padang Restaurant. 

Overall, the Sambal is very addictive, and the fish is very fresh. 

The second one is Steamed Shrimp. Ordinary steamed. No seasonings added. Only a chili sauce combined with shredded pineapple. At the picture, the sauce is located far from the shrimp -.- it's the small bowl with red-yellow things inside. 

The Steamed Shrimp has a very savory meat texture. It's super fresh, because they boiled it when they were still alive then steamed it. Kinda rude but ended up being a better things called food. This steamed shrimp is very sweet and tender. Well-cooked, as you could see the red color is being the main temptation for me to quickly try it as it arrived on my table.

Then the Fried Squid with Salted Egg. I'm a fan of salted egg, I could eat like a barbarian only with salted eggs and a bowl of warm rice. I write that with plural form, because one is never enough.

It's not very salty, a little bit spicy, and a little sweetness from the squid. I haven't seen the squid whether it's boiled first when they're alive or already died and stored in a basket. But, I still could taste the freshness. Some restaurant often make mistakes by overcooked the squid, the meat will be tough. Here in Aroma Sop, you will not find that kind of mistake, the squid is tender and juicy, you will know the real taste of squid combined with a savory salted egg, a mashed salted egg.

The last one is Kangkung Cah Terasi. Maybe I should write this article in Bahasa since I don't find any English word suitable for the name of the food. For me, this Kangkung is the spiciest among all those foods on the table. It uses mashed red chili and the chili oil really dominating the whole plate. Very hot and spicy, salty, and the smell of Terasi only could be smelled slightly, don't worry it's not that smelly. 

This stir-fry Kangkung comes with a small portion, so if you come with your family, you might order it by more portion. 

Generally, my most favorites are the Jenaah Cabe Hijau & Steamed Shrimp. I really want to have another time to visit this restaurant again! 

Oh just FYI, I paid only 266.000 IDR for all those on the table! There is also a delicious Pisang Goreng Wijen (Fried Banana with Sesame) beside Aroma Sop. 

Thank you for reading! 


tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia tiffany felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment